Wahoo Fitness seem to be going from strength to strength, innovating the fitness market and developing some seriously cool tech (like the Kickr).
The Tickr X Workout Tracker works in much the same way as the traditional Garmin/Polar Heart Rate chest strep, only this one has it’s own memory, an accelerometer and Bluetooth and ANT+ connectivity. Working with the companion iOS/Android app, it’ll track everything from Cycling, Running and Swimming (yep, it’s waterproof!). The sensors can detect your running cadence and also ‘smoothness’. You can also tap the unit for custom functions, like skipping a track or adding a marker (useful when doing intervals).
We’ve been using the Tickr with the RFLKT+ computer and also paired up with an ANT dongle for Zwift, it works flawlessly. It’s also super convenient to use for other exercising like running and other gym work. It also works with Strava, which is really handy if you don’t have a Garmin but want HR data.
- Built in memory allows you to workout without your phone and auto-sync later
- 7 minute workout app, from Wahoo, for iOS and Android
- Motion Analytic s capture your running form and indoor cycling cadence
- Double tap to add markers for specific points throughout your workout
- Control app functions such as music playback and laps
- Track heart rate and calories burned
- Wahoo’s Burn and Burst™ program makes heart rate training easier
- ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart Enabled
- Coin cell battery lasts up to twelve months
- IPX 7 Rating – waterproof up to 5ft
The Tickr X is available for £79.99 from Wiggle